NOTE: Stock up on the almond milk for this one!
Just imagine the feeling of rich and creamy dark chocolate melting on your tongue and mixing with the crunch of cashews and the spicy aftertaste of ginger. This recipe will have your tastebuds partying in your mouth for hours!
1. Chop cashews - I put them in a bag and ran a rolling pin over the bag.
2. Dice crystallized ginger
3. Break up the dark chocolate bar into pieces.
4. Set up a double broiler - fill a pot with a cup of water and boil on the stove. Take a slightly smaller pot that fits closely inside the larger one and fill with the broken pieces of chocolate. As the water in the larger pot boils, the chocolate in the smaller pot will begin to melt. Stir frequently to prevent the chocolate from burning.
5. Once the chocolate has melted, add almond milk and stir evenly. Remove from the double broiler.
6. Add in ginger and cashews and stir until coated evenly. Mine started to cool and solidify so I had to work quickly.
7. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper OR a mini-muffin tray with muffin cups. Spoon chocolate-ginger-cashew mixture into muffin cups or spoon onto parchment tray. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt if you wish. Place tray in freezer for 10 minutes or until set. I recommend making the portions very small because the chocolate is so dark and rich.
8. Enjoy with a nice glass of almond milk!
Dr. DeSouza shares new research and discoveries along her journey.