1. Preheat oven to 350degrees Celsius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a saucepan, heat and mix coconut oil, honey and liquid banana until it starts bubbling.
3. Turn off heat, remove saucepan from stove and add in oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flaxseeds (include any raw nuts at this point too). Using a spoon or spatula (something with soft edges), mix the oats until all are covered in the honey-coconut-banana mixture. Pour onto cookie sheet.
4. Spread oats evenly around the cookie sheet to maximize surface area of oats that will be cooked by the heat.
5. Put tray in the oven and remove every 5-10 minutes to stir the oats around and bring uncooked/covered oats to the surface. Remove when all oats are golden brown - approximately 25 minutes. Allow it to cool before adding dried cranberries or other fruits. Enjoy!
Dr. DeSouza shares new research and discoveries along her journey.